A man was stabbed to death in a fight outside a block of east London flats in a “particularly vicious attack”.
The 19-year-old was found by police responding to reports of a disturbance outside Owen Waters House, in Fullwell Avenue, Ilford, on Tuesday night.
The victim died at the scene and his next of kin have been informed.
No arrests have been made but the Met said “the possibility that the murder is gang-related is a very strong line of inquiry”.
Police are establishing if the stabbing is linked to a fire at some nearby garages where a car was found burnt out.
The Met said fire crews had been called to the blaze at about 22:20 GMT while traces of blood had also been found around the vehicle.
Det Ch Insp Chris Soole described the killing as a “particularly vicious attack” and appealed for witnesses.
A Section 60 Order – giving police stop-and-search powers – was put in place for the whole of the Redbridge borough until 06:30.
There have been five murder investigations in the borough in 2019 – three of which have been as a result of fatal stabbings.
Homicides in London since 2008
Annual homicides in the Met Police area
So far this year, almost 130 murder investigations have been launched in the capital.
Three investigations have been carried out by British Transport Police and 124 have been investigated by the Met.
At the scene – Greg McKenzie, BBC London
A forensic tent is outside the tower block marking the spot where the teenager died.
Residents have been telling me about rising tensions in the last few weeks. The block – just off a main road in Ilford – is known as a meeting point for drug dealers and people said the issue is “rampant”.
They have also described a lot of “youth disturbance and violence” in the area and expressed their fear, anger and shock.
Officers have been coming in and out of the flats and they are trying to work out whether a burnt-out car is linked to the fatal stabbing.
A second man has admitted trying to rob Arsenal footballers Mesut Özil and Sead Kolasinac in a moped ambush.
Jordan Northover, 26, pleaded guilty at Harrow Crown Court to attempting to steal watches from the pair in Hampstead, north-west London.
His co-accused Ashley Smith, 30, of Archway in North London, admitted his role in the crime in October.
CCTV footage showed Bosnian defender Kolasinac chasing off the two masked attackers on 25 July
In the video, that circulated on social media, 26-year-old Kolasinac is seen fighting off two men who are wielding knives.
He can be seen jumping out of a vehicle to confront the masked men who had pulled alongside the car on mopeds.
In the footage, both carjackers were seen to be armed and were filmed brandishing knives at full-back Kolasinac.
World Cup winner Özil can also be seen in his black Mercedes G class jeep before he reportedly took refuge in a Turkish restaurant.
Kolasinac and Germany midfielder Özil were left out of the Arsenal side ahead of the opening weekend of the Premier League campaign after the incident.
Judge Rosa Dean said Smith would be sentenced at Harrow Crown Court on Friday.
Northover will be sentenced at a later date.
Özil told the Athletic sports site that he was scared for his wife Amine as the attackers pursued his car.
“Sead’s reaction was really, really brave because he attacked one of the attackers,” he said.
“I tried to move the car, block them, escape, but each time they would be there. My wife was extremely scared.”
A man in his 60s has been stabbed to death in west London.
Emergency services were called to St Mary’s Avenue South in Southall at 18:40 BST on Saturday where they found the man suffering from a stab wound.
He was pronounced dead at the scene and his next of kin have been informed, the Met Police said.
A man in his 30s has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is in hospital under police guard being treated for minor injuries.
According to a witness who gave the injured man first aid, he was stabbed after leaving a pub.
Raj Grover, who lives near to the victim, said he was getting ready to go to his own birthday party when the man knocked on his front door.
“He was ringing our doorbell,” he told the PA news agency. “He rang the bell and I went out, my son was there, he was shouting ‘Dad, come out’.
“I went downstairs and saw he was full of blood, and then I was running to pick up a towel.
“I put the towel on and I was pressing to stop the blood, then my wife came out, we called the ambulance and the police.”
Mr Grover, who runs a local business, said the victim asked him to call his wife, who then arrived at the house.
“His wife, she mentioned he went to the pub, I don’t know what happened in the pub just around the corner, he came back, was on his way back and somebody stabbed him twice, stabbed him two times with a knife on the stomach and on his side,” he said.
A crime scene and multiple road closures are in place in the area, Scotland Yard said on Saturday evening.
Police surrounded flats in east London when a man barricaded himself in and threatened to blow up the block.
Nearby residents in Barking were forced to leave their homes after the man also threatened to burn down the building.
Fire and ambulance crews were called to Elsdown House, Wheelers Cross, late on Tuesday, although there were no injuries reported.
A man was later detained and was given medical treatment by paramedics at the scene, the Met Police said.
Evacuated residents, who had been told to go to The Gascoigne Community Centre, in St Ann’s, were later told they could return home.
A man has been charged with attempted murder and possessing an offensive weapon after a police officer was stabbed in the head in east London.
The PC was attacked as he tried to stop a van in Leyton early on Thursday. He managed to Taser his assailant while being stabbed in the head and body.
He suffered multiple injuries but the Met Police says he will recover.
Muhammed Rodwan, 56, from Luton, is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Friday.
Two uniformed officers tried to stop the van at the junction of Coopers Lane and Leyton High Road, the Met said.
The injured PC, 28, is a patrol officer who has been with the force for about 10 years.
Speaking earlier, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the attack “underscores for me the bravery of our police, people who actually go towards danger to keep us safer”.
London rapper Unknown T, real name Daniel Lena, is due in court on Thursday after being charged with murder.
It’s after 20-year-old Steven Narvaez-Jara was stabbed at a party in Islington, London in the early hours of New Year’s Day 2018.
Steven was London’s first stabbing victim last year.
Police confirmed to Radio 1 Newsbeat the 19-year-old Unknown T has also been charged with violent disorder.
Two other men have been charged in relation to the case.
Police say they were called by the London Ambulance Service in the early hours of Monday, 1 January 2018 to a flat near Old Street Station.
The dead man – from Belvedere on the border of Kent and London – was found with stab injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another 20-year-old man who was found at the scene with stab injuries was taken to hospital and recovered.
All three men charged will appear at magistrates’ court on Thursday.
The drill rapper’s best-known track is Homerton B, which came out last year, and he’s recently teamed up with AJ Tracey for the single Leave Dat Trap.
Drake brought Unknown T onstage during his opening London show at the O2 on April 1.
He’s also scheduled to perform at BBC 1Xtra’s Ibiza 2019 event in August.
A man who was stabbed to death inside a west London shop as he tried to hide following a fight has been named by police.
Yusuf Mohamed died at the scene after he was attacked in Uxbridge Road, Shepherd’s Bush, on Wednesday night.
Witnesses said the 18-year-old went into the store “for cover” but was followed and stabbed.
No arrests have been made but police said they were looking “two males, possibly in their teens”.
The pair were seen on CCTV running away from the area in the direction of Wormholt Park.
A post-mortem examination found Mr Mohamed, who was from the Hammersmith area, died from a stab wound.
Passers-by have been laying flowers outside the shop in tribute to the 18-year-old.
Police are trying to identify two victims of a suspected arson attack which left one dead and the other fighting for his life.
The men were found badly burnt near a road in Ilford, east London, on Tuesday night after a blaze at a makeshift campsite where they were living.
The man who died suffered almost 100% burns and was discovered near the site. The other made it to the roadside and is in an induced coma in hospital.
Two men have been charged with murder.
The 37-year-old and 51-year-old have both appeared at Barkingside Magistrates Court where they were also charged with attempted murder and arson with intent to endanger life.
Police, fire crews and paramedics attended the blaze at the temporary campsite, which had been constructed on scrubland near the A406.
It is believed the men, both aged in their 40s, were homeless and staying there.
Det Ch Insp Paul Considine called it a “horrific incident which has caused one man to lose his life, and may claim the life of another”.